Friday 14 January 2011

Starting off

So, here we are, day one.  Sadly to say I'm neither photographer or writer so I have no idea how this will turn out!  The objective is to have a journal for my children to read & view when they are older!

The hardest part so far has been the name of the blog!  It was going to be Pretty & Simple - as some days I have a love for the extremely pretty - picture vintage tea cups & cake stands of pastel coloured macaroons.  Then, within the blink of an eye I'm packing everything away, cursing the clutter & longing for minimalism. It's very hard to keep up with myself!  Anyway, that name was already taken.  So with the quick addition of another favourite word 'vintage' which fits both my pretty & simple worlds - we're off!

Above all we like a 'pretty simple' life .....

A few days ago my daughter asked me to teach her to knit & sew.  Father Christmas popped a lovely pair of knitting needles into her stocking, so I guess he knew we were up for the challenge!  I can recall spending many hours knitting with my Grandmother, the most amazing lady who lived to 98 & always presented us with a proper afternoon tea on Sundays.

So, a few days ago I saw this lovely book (Homemade) in a shop, with a knitted tea cosy & hot-water bottle cover on the front & it accidently slipped into my shopping basket.  It is full of inspirational projects as well as some useful tips and yummy recipes.  The book is organised by seasons, starting with Spring & Valentines Day which is only a month away!

I think we'll probably start by knitting a scarf for M's teddy but I'm now keen to get out my old knitting needles and knit a tea cosy like the one in this book.

Hopefully in the very near future I'll be able to show you the results of my creative efforts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment