Friday 21 January 2011

Resolutions & Things

A few years ago a very good friend of mine suggested we wouldn't do New Year Resolutions anymore. Instead we would select a 'word' for the year. I absolutely loved this idea. Last year my word was 'Thrift'. I was going to be more thrifty, think more thriftily, spend more thriftily. Part of the reason for choosing this word was because I wanted a greener life for my family, we we're heading into recession & money needed to be stretched further but without impacting our lifestyle too much, my friend had also given me The Thrift Book for Christmas - which is still my bible. Probably, most importantly, I didn't want to go back to work either.  I wanted to stay at home with my kids, provide lovely home cooked meals for my family & wander the woods & fields with my dogs. Did I achieve all of this? Well, no. Which is why this year my 'word' for the year is once again 'Thrift'!



I recently came across this lovely idea as well over on Emma Bradshaw's Blog.  I think I will try it on my next birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment