Tuesday 15 November 2011

Advent

This week I purchased my first two Christmas presents.  Sometimes I like the rush of last minute festive shopping & sometimes I like to be completely organised, so I can relax & enjoy the pre-christmas festivities.

This year I have chosen to be organised..... we shall see.

The children have already chosen some rather garish advent calendars from a local supermarket.  I try to avoid them but peer pressure means I usually relent.  I do however like to make my own for them.   We've tried all sorts of ideas in the past from individually wrapped treats hanging in a twiggy tree, to hiding them around the house (& hoping the dog doesn't get them first!).  This year I spotted this lovely idea on Not On The High Street.

Advent Calendar

Now, as luck would have it, I bought some tiny 98 x68mm brown envelopes on a 3 for 2 the other day - so have 150 little envelopes all ready for advent!  I needed 75 envelopes or 100 if I include my husband in this!  I thought I'd pop a little treat in my envelopes & tie them up with some bakers twine.  However, 100 little treats is a lot of pennies & remember we already have chocolate in the garish advent calendars stuck on top of my fridge.  So, I'm now on a quest - in each envelope will be a card with an activity or message - 25 for the children (repeated 3 times - each child will require their own special envelope!) & another 25 for my husband.  I might have to sneak in the odd 'cook your wife a lovely meal' otherwise I could end up having a very tough month!!!

So please, if any of you Christmas elves can think of any great ideas to pop onto these advent cards they will be warmly received.

 Do you do advent calendars of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment